UPON RISING – Ginger Lemon Detox Drink
Ginger is a great detoxifier that helps you to kick-start your metabolism. Along with hydrating your body, this potent drink will help you to stimulate bowel movements. Drink one big glass, but if you feel like more, go for it— hydration is essential.
- 1or 2-ounce water, at room temperature
- Two squeezed lemons
- Hald inch knob of ginger root
First, add the lemon juice to the glass of water. Finely grind the ginger on a chopping board, next squeeze the ginger pieces into your hand, allowing the juice of the ginger drip through your fingers and into the glass of water.
Super Detox Green Juice
This green detox juice includes a powerful combination of easily digestible alkaline minerals, such as potassium. Alkalizing your blood is essential during the cleansing process because it keeps harmful yeast bacteria, and fungi in check, which helps prevent cravings at bay. Drink one big glass, but feel free to have another one.
- 2 or 3 celery stalks, and remove the leaves
- Two kale leaves
- One small cucumber
- One small lemon or lime, peeled
- Single pear or apple
- A handful of fresh parsley
Mix all of the ingredients and drink slowly. For an extra health kick, stir in spirulina powder, wheatgrass, and barley grass.
The 3-day body detox includes Sushi salad, which is a potent mix of sea vegetables and sprouts, including nori. It is one of the most nutrient-dense plant vegetables on the planet. Sushi is particularly high in calcium and iodine, which helps to draw toxins from the body.
For the Dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger root
For the Salad
- 2 small cucumbers, halved and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped
- A handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- A handful of sprouts (preferably alfalfa, watercress, or sunflower sprouts)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 nori sheet, cut with scissors in bite-size strips
To make the sushi body detox salad, mix the cucumbers, avocado, sprouts, carrot, cilantro, and strips of nori in a pot and put in with the salad dressing. Pour the seeds over the top as decoration.
Soup For Balancing Potassium (enough for three servings)
- Four medium zucchini, nicely chopped
- Three celery stalks (remove the leaves) then chop
- Four glass filtered or spring water
- One large bunch fresh parsley stems and leaves chopped also
- Single cup roughly chopped green string bean
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- Two teaspoons dried thyme, oregano, rosemary, or other French herbs for flavor
- Two teaspoons sea salt or single tablespoon organic miso paste.
all of the ingredients in a considerable stock or saute pot. Bring to a
tender boil, then reduce the temperature, cover, and let simmer gently
for 30 minutes. Serve warm.