Despite the fact that bananas are delicious, most of us tend to discard them as soon as they start to develop brown spots or, eventually, turn completely black from being overripe. big mistake!
As you'll hear in the video you're about to watch below, it turns out that these brown spots make bananas into a SUPERFOOD! In addition to having more antioxidants that fight cancer due to their dark patches, riper bananas also have other amazing health benefits!
When you EAT 2 raw BANANAS PER DAY, the nutrients in them are beneficial to your health. These include:
1. Lowered Blood Pressure and Protection against Stroke and Heart Attacks – This occurs due to the low amounts of sodium and high levels of Potassium
2. Increase in Energy – Two ripened, calorie-dense bananas boost energy for several hours, as they are packed with low-glycemic carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. It’s Potassium helps to increase stamina by preventing muscle cramps.
3. Relief from Heartburn – Ripened bananas are a fantastic “antacid”. Their smooth texture lines the stomach walls, protecting it from harmful acids and irritation.
4. Depressed Mood – High levels of Tryptophan found in ripened bananas, boost serotonin levels, which improves mood.
5. Anxiety/Irritability/PMS – Richness in B vitamins helps to calm nerves.
Other health benefits of ripened bananas discussed in the footage below are the effects of being:
7. filled with Manganese,
8. being Iron Rich,
9. an aid to Digestion, and
10 being Fat and Cholesterol Free. If you don’t enjoy the softer texture of ripened bananas, blend them in a smoothie…their sweetness is a great substitute for unhealthy refined sugar!