Usually when cooking ang baking, egg yolks appear to be more in demand than egg whites. For instance, when cooking leche flan, using pure egg yolk is much preferred and the egg whites are normally discarded. However, these leftover egg whites have a lot of uses you've probably haven't heard before. So before discarding them away, better read on the discussion below.
The best thing about these egg white uses is that they're good for your health. Here are the amazing things you can do with egg whites:
Egg Whites Facial Mask
If you want to make a mask instead of a cleanser for your face using egg whites, here are the ingredients you need:
- Egg white from one egg
- Half a tablespoon of honey
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice
With the three ingredients above ready, follow the steps below:
1. Add two teaspoons of lemon juice to your egg white.
2. Whisk the two ingredients to mix them well together.
3. Add honey to the mixture above once it’s foamy.
4. Whisk again to mix all three ingredients.
5. Wash your face first with warm water.
6. Apply the mask and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Rinse with lukewarm water.
This mask is effective for removing acne and blackheads, while moisturizing and replenishing the nutrients on the face.
Egg whites are good for fighting aging. Here are the steps on how to make the anti-aging cleanser:
1. Place the egg whites in a bowl.
2. Add a little bit of water.
3. Start whisking for a minute or two.
4. Wash the solution to your face.
5. Rinse with water.
Doing this regularly can help reduce puffiness of your skin and even make your pores look smaller.
Egg Whites Hair Conditioner
Eggs are among the richest in proteins – the same ones that are found in your hair. This makes them great options for conditioning your hair as well as strengthening each hair strand. Here’s what you should do:
1. Get the egg whites and put them in a bowl or a cup.
2. Add a bit of olive oil.
3. Apply to hair.
4. Leave onto your hair for 10 to 20 minutes.
5. Rinse using warm water.
If you don’t like the smell, you can add two drops of scented oil to the mixture. Also, if your hair is really dry, you should have egg whites from at least two eggs.