Times are a bit difficult out there right now. Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock (which if you are, stay there) you’ve probably heard of the global spread of virus.
Before diving in, I want to take a quick second to explain why social distancing and staying at home during this time is so important, whether you think you’re at risk of getting sick or not…
Many people that have the virus aren’t experiencing symptoms for a number of days in the beginning. So let’s say you had it, or interacted closely with someone who did, and then you went about your day normally interacting with 10 different people, those 10 would then carry it to another 10 creating a quick rippling effect. The problem with this specific virus type is that it spreads so fast. That it why social distancing and self-isolation helps to flatten that curve so that our systems have time to keep up with the pace of the spread.
I am not the one who will spread the fear, no, I am the one who will spread the love over fear. In times like these it is so important to vibe high. Be responsible, do every safety activity possible. But most importantly – stay calm.
From astrological point of view, I encourage you to wash your hands like Virgos and stay inside like Cancers. Of course, I am not the expert of all of this, but one thing I know for sure – training your brain and thoughts that you are safe and with a perfect health, as well as doing all the physical stuff, such as exercising, eating so much of HEALTH foods, practicing self care – it will help. Strong immune systems and love over everything is what the world needs right now.
Why not take the opportunity to close your doors and go inside both physically and metaphorically?
Take time to slow down life, simplify your daily needs and do a little soul work while we give the world a chance to catch it’s breath.
Here’s 70 things you can do during self-isolation:
- Bake salted caramel vegan cupcakes
- Read loads of self development books
- Do yoga daily
- Finally organize and strategize your finances
- Listen to your favourite music
- Create your own green juice recipe
- Start a bullet journal
- Research something you’ve always wanted to (astrology, quantum physics, plant-based diets, how to start a business, literally anything)
- Do a social media detox for 3 days, self reflect then (How does that make you feel? Do you feel more calm, confident?)
- Do a thrift flip (there are tons of fun ways to do it on Youtube)
- Spring clean your space
- Have a Harry Potter marathon
- Paint palm skies
- Visualize your future self
- Catch up on your favourite Youtube channels
- Create a vision board
- Practice journaling on early morning hours
- Color coordinate your closet
- Write hand written letters to your loved ones
- Leave positive reviews for the online purchases or places you love (we need positivity right now!)
- Take an online course in something you have always been curious about
- Take a long bubble bath
- Listen to a personal development podcasts
- Learn new language
- Have a little boogie (or a big)
- Draw Moons, stars and planets
- Take a lot of naps, like lot
- Exercise, move your body
- Try out different breath work tehniques
- Redecorate or rearrange your bedroom
- Bake a raw vegan blueberry cheesecake
- Make plantbased dinner for all of your family members
- Have a home spa, self care day (body scrub, lotion, hair mask, all in!)
- Dry brush your skin
- Deep clean your entire house
- Let go of any negative thoughts, emotions by practicing such activities like journaling, stretching, breathing
- Create a new look by playing around with hair, makeup and your clothes
- Practice self massage with dry oil
- Create your own recipe of latte (for example, vanilla, caramel cinnamon decaff latte)
- Print out latest travel or any photos and create a photo album
- DIY beautiful home decors
- Disconnect from the noise
- Create Spotify playlists
- Cuddle with your pets
- Learn a new instrument
- Chit chat with your family members
- Find journal prompts and answer the questions (inner work)
- Start a blog
- Documente all the self isolation days by photography or writing
- Write letter to your future children
- Plan next years vacation (visualize that the Earth and people are fine again)
- Eat only healthy foods for a day
- Start a new challenge (makeup free, plant based eating, yoga for a month, no coffee, morning meditations, at home-workouts, etc.)
- Have a solo date night
- Order your favourite meal delivery
- Call your long distance friends and family members
- Help out small businesses and order something online
- Think about new idea to sell on Etsy
- Smudge your home with Sage or Palo Santo
- Find out ways how to make money online
- Do a social media review and unfollow accounts you don’t like anymore
- Draft a five-or two-year life plan. Where do you want to be in 2 – 5 years from now?
- Make a list of movies you want to see. You can do this by creating a watch list directly on Netflix or Amazon Prime.
- Create a life bucketlist
- Create, plan and realize healthy routines
- Download and use productivity apps
- Listen to ASMR videos for your relaxation
- Practice self-affirmation. Some days, we need more positive self-talk.
- Start a capsule warderobe
Sending all of you lots of love and light during this weird self
isolation time. Maybe the world needed to slow us down, heal, take a
break to reflect.
To think about the things that matter most, appreciate our health and our loved ones, enjoy our own company and prepare ourselves for the sunnier, happier days, when we might find the world a bit of a better place.