When a cancerous cell grows within the lining of the stomach, it causes stomach cancer. The symptoms don’t show up in the early stage, therefore, it is difficult to diagnose it within the required time period.
Stomach cancer is rare; as a result, there is a possibility that people might confuse the symptoms of stomach cancer with other health issues. Here are some symptoms of stomach cancer:
- Stomach pain
- Constant nausea
- Constant heartburn
- Continuous vomiting
- Feeling less hungry
- The continual presence of indigestion
- Bloody stools
If you have any of these signs, it is recommended to consult a doctor immediately. He/she might tell you about the common causes of stomach cancer, such as:
Causes of Stomach Cancer
- Growth of cancerous cells
- Swelling in other parts of the intestinal system
- Genetic history of cancer
- High sodium diet
- Less consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Constant smoking
Stomach cancer is most common among these people:
- Older adults (50+)
- People with the heredity of illness
While you believe that avoiding smoking might completely help you, then you are wrong. Your lifestyle also affects your health; a certain way of living routine improves the chance of stomach cancer. You are more prone to stomach cancer if you:
- Don’t exercise
- Eat too much meat
- Do not properly store food
- Eat less healthy food
Treatment is not only required to cure stomach cancer, but it is also necessary to stop it from spreading to other parts of the body. For any reason, if you delay the treatment, it might spread to other parts of your body such as:
There might not be a permanent way to prevent stomach cancer however; in some ways, you can reduce the risk of stomach cancer. Follow these basic steps every day to maintain your health and to avoid the threat of stomach cancer.
Prevent Stomach Cancer
- Add fresh vegetables and fruits in your diet – eat a variety of healthy fruits and vegetables to keep your body fit and healthy.
- Daily exercise and yoga –daily yoga or exercise reduces the risk of stomach cancer. Try to add two or three physical activities in your office schedule.
- Quit smoking – Smoking increases the risk of stomach cancer as well as other types of health issues in your body. On the other hand, if you are a non-smoker then don’t try or get habitual of smoking.
- Regular health check-ups – to know the status of your body it is necessary to do a medical checkup once a year. This also helps us to know some important information about our health.
- Maintain a low sodium diet – maintain a low salt diet to protect your stomach. A low sodium diet also helps in avoiding other health issues in the body.
With proper diet and regular exercise, one can easily reduce the risk of many health issues. It is important to look after your body in order to avoid any health problems.