Sinusitis is a condition that occurs when inflammation affects our membranes and tissues, resulting in uncomfortable symptoms like fevers, pain, intense headaches, and thick mucus. Both acute and chronic sinusitis can occur; fungi, bacteria, pollutants, viruses, and allergens are the most common causes.
Here are the most common symptoms of the sinusitis:
- Bad breath
- Sore throat
- Sensitive teeth/Toothache
- Swellings in the facial area
- Pain, pressure and postnasal drip in the area around the eyes
- Stuffy/runny nose
But why go for medications and prescribed drugs, when you can at least try some natural remedies which are effective just as much, which can help you get rid of this bacteria and viruses that are trapped in the air space right between your cheeks, eyes and forehead.
Most commonly people are going to the doctor and they get prescribed some antibiotics to treat this condition, but these antibiotics are very likely to cause unpleasant side-effects, which is why we want you to give this natural method a try before you turn to medications.
The apple cider vinegar is famous for its abilities, and it is well known that it is oen of the strongest natural remedies that can be used against sinusitis. It can easily break up the mucus and cleanse the airways, also destroying the bacteria and boosting your immune system.
The cayenne pepper is very rich in capsaicin, which is a natural and powerful painkiller which can clear nasal congestion. Imagine what you will create by mixing these two ingredients together. Of course you will get the natural remedy to treat sinusitis!
With this natural remedy you can alleviate your facial pain, improve your blood circulation, treat inflammation and soothe the sinusitis symptoms as well.
How to Prepare It?
- A teaspoon of raw, organic honey
- A glass of lukewarm water
- Juice from one lemon
- A sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
Put the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper inside the water and mix it well. Then add the honey inside to sweeten the mixture.
You should consume this powerful remedy twice on daily basis if you want to relieve from the symptoms of the sinusitis. You can also use the mixture for gargling, and in only a couple of days you will be free from the sinusitis infection!
Here are some other natural ways that can help you treat the sinusitis condition:
- You can loosen up the mucus and moisten the sinuses with hot water vapor.
- To keep the air moist and clean, use a humidifier.
- Stay hydrated all the time, that way your sinuses will stay moist as well.
- Protect yourself from nasal allergies because they will only make the infection worse, put air filters in your home, and get rid of dust mites.
- To relieve from the swelling in the nasal passages you can start taking bromelain supplements.
- Use warm compresses.
- In order to open your nasal passages, consume more spicy foods.
- Use sprays and saline washes to flush your nasal passages.