Given that food travels through the oral cavity, dental health is crucial. Maintaining good dental health also helps to prevent tooth decay and maintain a clean breath. Regular food contact with our teeth causes a layer of plaque to quickly build up on them. It is challenging to get rid of, even with twice-daily brushing.
You can maintain dental hygiene and quickly get rid of tooth plaque with a homemade mouthwash. It also gives you minty breath and aids in the treatment of cavities.
These are the benefits of DIY mouthwash:
- It is totally inexpensive so this DIY will not cost you much
- It removes tartar and keeps the mouth free from bacteria for longer time
- It is free from chemicals and does not have side effects.
Baking soda is the important ingredient in this mouthwash to is the best cleaner and maintains oral hygiene.It has a bleaching effect and thus it helps to remove the stains on your teeth. The anti-bacterial property of baking soda helps to combat bacteria, microbes and removes cavities from the teeth.
How to make it? Things you need:
- Baking soda- 1 tbsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Hydrogen peroxide- ½ cup
- Cold water- 1 cup
- Warm water- ½ cup
- Toothpicks- 2-3
- Toothbrush- 1
- Mix the baking soda with salt.
- Now, wet your brush and spread the mix on it.
- Rub it on your teeth using your toothbrush and then spit out.
- Repeat this process for 2-3 times.
- Take ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide and add a ½ cup of warm water to it.
- Rinse your mouth with this mouthwash and spit.
- Use a toothpick to remove the remaining tartar and rinse your mouth with cool water.
- Use this method twice a week to keep your teeth clean and dazzling white.
- Don’t swallow the mouthwash, always spit it out.
- You should brush your teeth 3 times a day and rinse it after every meal.
- Have some spicy food in your diet which will stimulate your saliva glands and sanitize the mouth.
This is the most fantastic and incredible way to ensure oral health.
Use this homemade mouthwash and comment below about the changes in your
oral health. This will be the best thing you ever did to your teeth.