Today, we'll share with you the recipe for a unique ginger drink that relieves pain, controls high blood sugar and bad cholesterol, and treats arthritis. It's called ginger beer, and you can make it at home with some fresh or dried ginger, lemon juice, and sugar.
Several studies have demonstrated ginger's powerful ability to relieve rheumatoid or degenerative arthritis, chronic pain, and back and muscle aches. Here is how to prepare it:
- 200 grams of peeled and finely chopped ginger
- Lemon slices
- Several drops of lime juice
- 225 grams of sugar
- 450 ml of filtrated water
- 115 ml of sparkling water
Method of preparation:
Pour the filtered water into a pot and bring it to boil. As soon as it starts boiling, add the ginger, lower the heat, and cook it for 5 minutes. Then, leave it aside for 20 minutes, and strain it.
In another bowl, dissolve the sugar with a cup of the filtrated and boiled water to prepare the syrup. Mix 1/3 a cup of it with ½ cup of ginger juice and half a cup of mineral water. In the end, add the lime juice and some organic honey to taste. You can garnish it with lemon slices.
These are the health benefits of the ginger beer:
- it soothes pain and inflammation
- it helps digestion
- it calms stomach upsets
- it fights flu and common colds
- it regulates cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- it prevents cancer
- It boosts blood circulation
- it prevents cardiovascular issues