The function of the kidneys in maintaining our daily health is crucial. To help us expel these impurities from our bodies, they filter and purge impurities from the blood and produce urine. When these substances are present in large quantities, they can occasionally accumulate and group together to form kidney stones. The size of kidney stones can range from a grain to a golf ball, and they are frequently accompanied by symptoms like stomach pain, nausea, frequent and painful urination, etc.
The type of treatment for kidney stones can differ depending on their size. There are many treatments available for kidney stones. Apple cider vinegar is one of them. Citric acid, which is abundant in apple cider vinegar (also referred to as ACV), not only aids in preventing the formation of stones but also helps to dissolve them and facilitates their passage through urine.
Let’s walk through the several methods and properties of ACV to dissolve kidney stones:
Medicinal Properties of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Expel Toxins: Our body expels toxins through Sweat, urine or feces. With Apple cider vinegar, this process becomes even more effective. It helps in the process of cleansing, detoxification and flushing out the extra minerals so that they don’t add on and form stones.
- Improves Digestion: Due to the high Alkaline content present in Apple cider vinegar, this helps in increasing the stomach acids and aiding better digestion. This process also ensures to prevent the stone formation.
- Dissolves Kidney Stones: ACV also helps in dissolving the kidney stones into small particles so that it can pass out of the body on its own.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Kidney Stones
1. Apple Cider Vinegar as a Salad Dressing
- The acidic element in ACV gives the dressing tanginess and brightness and also helps to cut out and balance the bitterness in the greens/veggies.
- ACV can be used in variety of fresh vegetables or fruit salads.
- This will ensure the intake of ACV in regular diet and thus help prevent kidney stone formations.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar solution for consumption
- Due to its sour taste and acidic nature, it is always recommended to dilute the ACV with water for its consumption.
- Mix 2 table spoons of ACV into one cup of water.
- The idea is to keep it in the ration of 1:10.
- Consume this solution daily, prior to each meal.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
- As ACV adds a tangy flavor, and if you don’t like the taste,
- you can opt to add a spoonful of honey to the above solution.
- Drink this solution until you experience a relief from kidney stones.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar with Baking Soda
- Baking soda along with ACV makes an effective recipe for treating kidney stones and also helps in preventing the formation of kidney stones.
- This combination is very effective due to its Alkaline nature, which helps dissolving kidney stones.
Tips and Precautions
- People who have had a kidney stone have the chances of getting it again. Advanced chemical analysis can help to determine the composition of the kidney stones, which can guide the treatment and help to prevent the formation of stones.
- ACV is recommended to cure small kidney stones. However if the pain is immense and unbearable it is advised to seek immediate medical attention.
- Increased amount of water and fluid intake will ensure to keep your body hydrated and urine clear
- It is always recommended to opt for the organic and raw ACV. Raw ACV will mean that it has not gone through any of the filtration processes that would make it less effective.
Although advancement in the medical technology gives many ways and processes to treat kidney stones, Many of the prescriptions is derived from the nature. A healthy diet plays a key role in avoiding many health issues including kidney stones. Try these natural recipes and stay fit and healthy!