You must’ve been hearing constantly in those ads of various creams, lotions, serums, face-washes, and what-not about the fact that they now contain the anti-ageing properties of ‘Vitamin C’. Surely, a lot of people buy those cosmetics that claim to be helpful in dealing with wrinkles and age spots. But there are effective natural remedies too for getting a better skin. But before learning about them, let’s discuss a thing or two about how Vitamin C is good for your skin.
Benefits of Vitamin C for your skin
Increases collagen production
Collagen is the natural structural protein in skin tissues. It provides them support and maintains a healthy glow. More collagen equals to healthy and wrinkles free skin!
Vitamin C has a lot of anti-oxidants that help in repair and renewal of skin cells. This makes your skin look much younger and youthful.
Helps in getting even skin tone
It reduces hyperpigmentation and the dark spots over your hands and face, thus giving you an even skin tone.
Brightens the skin
It helps in brightening and tightening the skin.
Repairs sun damage
Last but not the least, Vitamin C can also help repair the damage caused due to sun exposure and you can get the original glow of your skin back!
Homemade Vitamin C Serum Recipe
Here is a step-by-step process to create Vitamin C serum for yourself to get wrinkle and spot free skin.
- Vitamin C powder: 1 tablespoon
- Filtered water/glycerin: 1 tablespoon
- Aloe vera gel: 1 tablespoon
- Vitamin E oil: 1/2 tablespoon (optional)
- Take a small bowl. Mix the vitamin C powder and water/glycerin. Whisk or blend until the powder is fully dissolved.
- Add the aloe vera gel and blend again.
- Mix the vitamin e oil and make sure all the ingredients have formed a smooth mixture.
- Store the serum in an amber bottle. Store it in a place with minimum light exposure.